Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fuel pipe fittings

I need to buy some brass fuel/oil pipe fittings for use with copper pipe. Solder on olives and BSP nuts etc..Does anyone know of a good UK based supplier?..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Fuel pipe fittings

I bought some from les at Russell's Ian

Not brass, but seem to be chrome plated

I have details of a work related company, I'll pm you, you can use my name

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I use Paul Beck.

http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have some new solder on olives, but no nuts

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks all..What size pipe are your olives for have Dave?...and how many do you have?...Ian

I'll check tomorrow what size they are, but I think they were about petrol pipe size and I think I've got 30+ of them

These people I use do solder on ends & fittings in brass in 1/8" 3/16" 1/4" 5/16" 3/8" in their catalogue as sold individually.
Phone 01778560312
http://www.completeautomobilist.com/search?query=union+nipples

I have a spare gasline that is in perfect shape in case you need that. Let me know quickly as your box is on the way to you very soon!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

That's the same firm I already quoted Fred. Paul Beck(Vintage Supplies).... He bought them out.

A friend of mine and his son have been restoring vintage vans for years for Paul's collection. Personally I find him a bit miserable! But he has some wonderful stock.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron...I checked out thier website and they have everything I need..thanks...Ian

Ron, ah OK, they must still have the separate websites running then, they have a good range don't they. I think it was them that sourced me some Cloth covered wiring & cloth loom sheathing aswell.
Im still using the old catalogue then, cheers

Norton used a large 3/8" OD pipe on the oil feed (from that big filter union that was also used on the camshaft models) but it went to a 1/4" BSP fitting on the OHV and SV engines. They got over this by using a nipple which fitted inside the pipe at the bottom. These internal fitting nipples are 1/4" OD with an olive of 7/16" dia.

If anyone has one or two of these, I'd be interested, or indeed a damaged Norton oil feed that I could canibalise.

It's not desperate but I'd like to be able to make up a spare line.

I think these are the type that I have, they measure approximately just over 9mm (no imperial nominal size) on the part that the nut fits over. The hole in the nut is probably 3/8" probably to allow the nut to wobble a little bit to line up with the thread I have around 40 of them left.

How about Draganfly? I bought fittings from them last year.

email (option): hopkins three two one zed @ yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1