Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wright the Merciless!!!!

I read Ians post last week about gearchange pawl springs last week ( re slipping kickstarts ) and what happens ? 150 miles into a 200 mile round trip, I stopped in the middle of Dartmoor for my sandwich, set off 1st 2nd no third,back to 1st 2nd only. I limped home and with some coaxing got 3rd and 4th, the box would change down not up. An interesting ride incuding Exeter city centre and the M5!! Once in the shed I pulled the outer cover off, there was Ians bane. As he said the shorter pawl spring had broken, but had jambed against the casing and was working as a leaf spring just enough to keep the gearchange going. With bell book and candle I lifted the curse and will order 2 new springs Monday. But she did get home.

Re: Wright the Merciless!!!!

I had the same in Normandy last year and was also able to get back to the campsite, luckily Ian had a spare spring so it could be fixed straight away.

Did I ever replace your spare spring Ian?

Henk.

Normandy 2011

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

You gave me a small end bush I needed instead Henk...Everyone with an M20 who is going to Normandy in 2014 make sure you have a spare in your 'essential spares' kit!.. ... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ah yes of course.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Small end bush Henk! Not doughnut. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1