Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear mudguard

Hello to all you M20 owners. Just as a brief introduction I have a matching number M20 that I have owned for 31 years. I live at the bottom of Australia.

When I got mine it had no rear guard and I fitted a fibreglass one that has been on it for the 31 years. I would like to try and find an original for it and was wondering if anyone knows for sure if it should have a ribbed or a plain one. The bike left the factory on 11-6-42.

I dont use external image hosting so cant post any pictures of the bike myself but maybe Henk could put a couple on for me (please)

Brian.

email (option): brimorest@icisp.net.au

Re: Rear mudguard

Hi Brian..Welcome to the forum...Your M20 would have had a ribbed rear guard originally...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

can anyone tell me wath year this is it is a non rib rearmudguard Greating TheoPhotobucket

email (option): oldbikes@kpnmail.nl

1938 ~ 1940 I think Theo

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Thanks Ian,
is there a definitive point where they went from ribbed to plain or is there an area of "could have had either".

Brian.

email (option): brimorest@icisp.net.au

Hi Brian..The change was made in late 43 I believe..though I would have to check the 'contract' parts lists to see for exactly which contract it was introduced.
Theo..I think you might have a late pattern unribbed mudguard that has had side valances added at some point...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1