Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
these are all mine.

the german chap who is smiling and looking quite happy sat on the bike is probably thinking.. these are now all mine, even a german smiles at the prospect of having a bsa.

Re: these are all mine.

He's thinking, "The war will be over soon and we will be invading England riding BSAs"

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

hi,any one recognise the bike to the left of the german
with the visible reg number,
has hand change gears and looks to have the chainguard on this side of the machine,prolly one from a dealers
requisitioned for military use ???
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

they had more light and medium english lorries than we did during the early war, they simply fitted new engines to the ones we left behind, along with so many lee enfield rifles they were issued on battalion level to german units on the channel islands, m20s were popular with german troops on crete, a lot of british kit ended up being used by the germans, strangely the war department generally discouraged the use of captured equipment, though it is noted that a few bmw outfits were requisitioned at the start of the war in england.

rick
hi,any one recognise the bike to the left of the german
with the visible reg number,
has hand change gears and looks to have the chainguard on this side of the machine,prolly one from a dealers
requisitioned for military use ???
cheers rick

Rick, that's a french bike, you can see the french flag on the number plate, probably a Terrot or Peugeot, if you want to know for sure I'll get my french bike book out.

But don't think it requisitioned, the French army had many of this sort of bikes on its strength.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Lex,

Sent you an email.

regards,

ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

hi lex ,thanks for that,i just wasnt sure if it was a british machine,ie an empire star etc,im no good at blowing pictures up to get a better view
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

to magnefy your pictures press CTRL button in bottom left of your keyboard hold down an use your scrolling wheel on your mouse one way will magnefy the other way will shrink the pictures you will have to reset picture to it original size using the same way

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1