Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back across the pond to Normandy..

With preparations for Normandy 2014 underway, 2 years doesn't hardly seem like a lot of time to get prepared, but I am thinking I want to attend. At issue, I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada and shipping a bike overseas may prove a challenge- on the plus side, I am close to a major shipping terminal in Halifax, NS.
Potentially I could ship from Halifax, to somewhere in England, if I could arrange a helpful and trustworthy colleague to assist and receive the M20 at that side.
Has anybody shipped the opposite way from Europe/ UK to Canada? Any ideas, suggestions?
Thanks, Vincent

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Re: Back across the pond to Normandy..

A friend of mine frequently ships classic cars and motorcycles from the USA. He uses a shipping agent here in West Sussex.
It's run by just a guy and his secretary. I can get you some contact details if you want. Between my friend and I, we could store the bike either in Sussex or Poole (my home). I'm not sure if Southampton docks is used for these shipping's? But if so, I could easily pick it up.
I'm sure other forum members would confirm that, I wouldn't pinch your canvas grips or anything

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

They might come in through a freeport such as Liverpool in which case I'm only over the river in Birkenhead and could pick it up and store it at my workshop for you.
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Plus, unlike us Brits, the French & Canadians drive on the same side of the road meaning that you'll be able to cruise along in the French sunshine (fingers crossed...) and watch me struggling with riding on the 'other side'.
I wonder if switching my wrist watch to the other arm will serve as a reminder?

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

there are harley club that send bikes all over the world for riding holiday and get cheaper shipping prices for job lots maybe you could piggy back off one of their trips to england and you might get a better price if you inform the shipper it will be returning home

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Hi Vincent
I suspect there may be other north American WD bike enthusiasts who might consider joking you & maybe share & kit out a container

There will be many willing hands within the uk forum to help you ths side - 200 bikes for 2014 would be something else

I can make enquiries at my side on air freight and how my pension providers go about handling flown in vehicles

Best regards

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Thanks Ron, Dave,
I've heard fro James Custeau in Maine, a day's drive from here, he's also interested. Also a local M20 owner may be interested too, I'll see what he may be interested in participating.
The thought of a containerload of M20's and other WD bikes heading over sounds quite exciting..
Vincent

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Nieuwe pagina 1