Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Duff Parts Again!!!

Got around to ordering a full set of wheel bearings for the bike,five in total,not the cheapest deal but a reputable firm (no names no pack drill).They turned up in two clip bags no packaging and no writing at all on the metal just a bearing code on the rubber seal,no name no made in china zilch! Oh the big one for the brake plate has got play in it.The final insult was the price, about twice the cheap sets.I think I have a phone call to make Monday!

Re: Duff Parts Again!!!

Hi Pat..You would be better off sourcing these bearings from a bearing factor..They would probably be cheaper and you could choose a reputable 'branded bearing' and take the option of sealed bearings as well..I'd return the Chinky/Russian/Indian bearings you have been supplied with and get a refund..Whoever supplied them can't really argue that an 'unbranded' cheapo bearing is the same as those originally fitted..Try 'Simply Bearings' on the t'internet..A tip to anyone buying bearings from a motorcycle outlet ( quite a few these days seem to supply the crap ones purely because, for them, they are cheap) is always to query whether they are branded bearings and buy only bearings of European/Japanese origin.(SKF,NKE,RHP,FAG etc..) Note also that 'Sterling' bearings may sound British but they are Indian...Non branded bearings should be regarded as suitable only for wheelbarrows and the like....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1