Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Visible Gearbox

I'm building a "visible gearbox" from duff parts I have left over from several rebuilds. Yesterday, the windows got cut in on my new mill, light filing smooths away the edges. I hate to waste anything as far as M20s go! I couldn't help thinking about the metal used during the war years. Was it recycled pots and pans? Crashed Messeschmidt parts? It machines very well, and not gummy as most aluminum. It's really kind of fun moving the parts to shift. I can see where everything goes, how it moves etc.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Re: Visible Gearbox

Nice idea, reminds me of school trips to the science museum

Don't forget to post some photos !

It can be quite handy to have a cutaway shell when setting up a box.

Robb @ British Tool
I'm building a "visible gearbox" from duff parts I have left over from several rebuilds. Yesterday, the windows got cut in on my new mill, light filing smooths away the edges. I hate to waste anything as far as M20s go! I couldn't help thinking about the metal used during the war years. Was it recycled pots and pans? Crashed Messeschmidt parts? It machines very well, and not gummy as most aluminum. It's really kind of fun moving the parts to shift. I can see where everything goes, how it moves etc.

Greman scrap indeed.....see picture 24

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/07/world-war-ii-the-battle-of-britain/100102/

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Nieuwe pagina 1