Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Battle of the Box part II

After some very useful advice from this forum I have now managed to get the gearbox of my M20 shimmed properly and working ,so bolted up the inner cover .
Next operation is the gear change ratchet plate , the thing with the two pawls . Can anybody tell me me in what position the two pawls should be in 1st, 2nd , 3d and 4th gear ? . In the manual I have there is a drawing ,presumably in top gear, where the pawls are locked in the rearmost gap on the top side and the forwad most position on the lower side . Mine will not go in that position. Is a clear set of fitting instructions to be found anywhere, more clear then in the Maintenance & Instruction book ? Mine looks in reasonable nick and the springs seem original or at least correct ,the inner one being larger then the outer one .
Any advice would be most appreciated .
Many thanks

Maxim Jurgens
Phuket,Thailand

email (option): siamsailing@gmail.com

Re: Battle of the Box part II

Hi Maxim,
Good to hear that there's progress with your gearbox.
Here are some pics.
First gear.
Photobucket

Forth gear.
Photobucket

It sounds like your pawl springs are correct.
Photobucket

Not sure why you can't get the pawls into the fourth gear position. Make sure that the pawl carrier arms are sitting flat against each other when assembled, they can slip out of alignment easily also the pawls can be prised open to allow the ratchet plate to rotate by hand.
Hope this helps.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Re: Battle of the Box part II

Matty : many thanks ,much appreciated !

email (option): siamsailing@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1