Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA has been hit by car in Normandy rider ok.

John O'Brien just send me a photo from Normandy of a BSA after a collision with a car. The rider is ok and has even been able to continue the trip with the bike as it is in the photo.

Henk

BSA accident

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: BSA has been hit by car in Normandy rider ok.

That's the spirit - doesn't even look as if he soiled the canvas saddle.

I hope there is no hidden damage and that the rider won't be too stiff tomorrow.

Hi good to hear John is OK all the best last time Nigel or Pino was hit by a car
he wasn't heart bud the bike was ready for a rebuild!

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

I can't put a name to the bike..though it looks familiar...Did John say who the rider was?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

The bike is owned by a guy called Eric but John didn't mention a surname. Can't be Halberstadt as his WM20 is in the USA now.

Henk

It goes to show, that as motorcyclists we all share same the risks on road, old timers, scooters & rice burning plastic rockets

This was clearly an instance where visibility was not an issue, but simply careless driving by a car driver

Luckily everyone is in relatively good condition and still enjoying la vie francaise during our time here

Looking forward to seeing more of "the usual crew" here next year

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Henk...I think that might be Eric van de Weerthof who was with us last time..he had a V8 van and his mate was riding the Honda four..he's Dutch..(but I don't hold that against him.. ).Happy to hear he wasn't hurt..metal can be straightened out...Ian

You are probably right, that must be him. Wouldn't you want to be there too despite the weather?

I wish I was there

Hi Henk...It would be nice..but I decided to take a break for a year as the next two visits are going to be busy and I have plenty of work to do here..and money to spend..on my various projects. I've just spent my 'Normandy' money on a Carrillo conrod, a front hub and some other parts for the sprinter (£750 in total)..You can't do it all! ....Ian

Same here but I am spending my money on an old rusty 2cv. To bad I can't get it in the living-room, it's raining in Holland and rather cold

You could put a roof over the garden.. ..though the chickens might not like it.. ...Ian

Just got back at midnight last night. You are right Ian. It was Eric from NL with his friend Illya (the chef, this year on a Yamaha). Eric wasn't having a good week! He also ran into the back of Guy's 3HW. No damage to Guy, but Eric lost the heel off his ammo boot and bruised his already bruised leg. Then to top it all...A restaurant in Arromanches served him a duff steak
Weather was a bit crap! We did a 90 mile round trip on Thursday to St Mere Eglise in lashing rain. Our fast cat boat was cancelled as the Channel was so rough. So we had to get the slow boat. It looked like a disaster movie on board, with ill people laying all over the decks. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Glad to hear that Eric's OK and everyone had a good time, it did feel wrong being at home during the D-Day anniversary this year, but I'm looking forward to next year.

And I suppose bad weather is quite common there and it wasn't great in 1944 either.

Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hi all, we're still in Normandy, the Landy's turbo gave up, and won't be fixed till tuesday! still under warranty, luckily! Weather not too good here now. Nice to have met up with the others on the 6th last week, but only knew about 6 of them.

We also had a froggy driver dangerously overtaking us, and causing an accident, some bruises and bent metal, nothing serious luckily!(Harley WLA's are not as sturdy as they look!) Cheers, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Yep good to meet up as always Lex. Oh! and I forgot to mention: Eric also snapped his throttle cable and then lost the return spring in the grass, which was fixed by the spring from a ball pen. On the bright side:- Eric said he always wanted a tipped up silencer! Well the froggy lady has given him one. I saw a Harley at Omaha with a large chunk missing from the front fender. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I'm glad you made it back ok Ron, it sounds like the French are out to get you all

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hello every one yup it was me i got the bad luck ,but it could be lot wourse, anny boddy got a stainles steel cilenser for sale for an M20
My right leg is turning yellow now i am part cinees Ron mite like that i will not be doingen a marathon soon but it will be oke the leg that is very nice off you to sho so much intrest ill be there next year off corse.
the last too days off the trip made up for the first three days it was nice riding weather and my BSA never mist a beat it shot some people (back fire) we had lot off fun with that

email (option): evandeweerthof@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1