Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
conundrum

watched a motorcycle show on TV last night i think its an old program there is a chap in austria who makes new brough superiors at $250000 so after the 3 years it will have to be MOTed i understand that one of the reasons pre 1960 vehicles being excempt MOTs they will not pass the new MOT that is coming in no matter what you did to them so the brough built as as 1920s bike would it pass and no free tax

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: conundrum

Just my two pennuth, but I'd say 'built as' a 20's bike doesn't make it a 20's bike. Made in 2012 is made in 2012, nothing you could do to the registration/manufacturing documentation could change that I reckon. So if you bought one it would be a bit of a liability regarding making it road legal. Unless of course at manufacturing source the maker had addressed those issues and cunningly disguised modern compliant parts are in the bike. For that price I would expect it!!

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

Re: conundrum

Like the Indian built Royal Enfields it would have to comply to European law ie indicators, mirrors etc to be registered as a production bike and thus road legal. If is only an exact twenties replica it would only be fit for a museum or off road riding......

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1