Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arms of Service markings for SS Group Troops

Looking around the 'net and researched what the Divisional and Arms of Service markings would have been for my pa's WW2 attachment. He was part of 'Operation Shingle' for the 'Peter Beach' landings, at Anzio. Found the Divisional markings for the SS Group Troops but only a description of what the Arms of Service markings were.
The markings are described as:-
"Royal Blue Square with Central Horizontal Stripe over green over red stripe."
And can be found on......
http://www.fireandfury.com/britinfo/divmarkings.pdf

Am having trouble to imagine this layout as it can be quite ambiguous in translation.
Can anybody, out there, ping me a diagram, picture or detailed description of how this would have looked?
Regards,
van der Linde.

email (option): thebigbadmotorsickleclub@gmail.com

Re: Arms of Service markings for SS Group Troops

Hi..Are you talking about vehicle or uniform markings?..and by 'SS Group' do you mean the Special Service Brigade?...They were Army and Marines Commandos. The Brigade contained 'commandos' made up of 'Foriegn troops'..Dutch, Belgian etc...was he in one of these?. I have a book that covers these units...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

No.9 Commando and No.43 (Royal Marines) Commando were at Anzio (2nd. Special Service Group)...Both units were landed without vehicles...Ian

Hi, Ian. Just wondered if you had time to trawl through that eMail I sent you the other day?
I have added another eMail address to the one already shown, by the way.
Regards.

email (option): angleonart@force81sx.plus.com

Only a quick look..I'll go through it in detail shortly....Ian

Hi Ian,I was wondering if the Belgians that served in nr10 commando had any vehicles(motorcycles)and what where the markings on them.

email (option): tiger100@telenet.be

Hi Marnic..I'll take a look in my book about No 10 Commando and let you know if there is any info. on that..Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1