Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pretty good programme

Has anyone seen the "dig WW2 with Dan Snow" on the BBC iplayer? There are 3 programmes on there on the last one there was a farm in France with battlefield relics in one of the Barns, there was even a Matchless petrol tank in there. It is quite an interesting programme that is about Northern Ireland's role in WW2

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: Pretty good programme

Hello Dave,

Seems to me to be a very interesting programme.
Unfortunately, the BBC does not allow visitors from outside the UK to look at the iplayer.
They know where my IP is located and blocked it off because it is not in the UK.

I wonder if there is a work around.
Anybody any idea?

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

There's a few people doing it by looks of it, a search brought this up ...
http://www.doitwithwp.com/watching-the-bbc-iplayer-outside-of-the-uk-safely-and-reliably/

I just tried to burn a copy for Henk , but I can't even do that! It appears that if you had your tablet/laptop in the UK and downloaded the iplayer you can continue using it abroad. Maybe it is worth following cycle Freds idea and try it out. Can you let me know Henk if it is successful?

Hi Dave, here's a link for how to record off iplayer
http://www.recordiplayer.com/recording-iplayer/

I use software all the time for recording you tube vids that I want to save but I've not recorded off iplayer myself.

For youtube vids I use real player, every time you hover the mouse over the youtube video screen it asks you if you if you want to download it! I'll give the link you gave a try a little bit later
Thanks!

tried dig ww2 with dan snow nothing comes up on i player

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Try finding it by category, "factual" and then "history" it's on there on BBC 4 Ireland
Dave

Nieuwe pagina 1