Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dear seargeant remake

hi everyone yorkshire bob here .went to wings and wheels at elvington .duncan simpson is to film a remake of dear sergeant filmd around barnsley and rotherham during the war .anyone intrested in taking part let us now and i will pass it on .hope to film later in year you can find the film in yorkshire tv archive

email (option): m.wales10@ntlworld.com

Re: dear seargeant remake

Right, well there's nothing like being committed is there :) The intention is to do a series of 'still' shots at strategic identifiable places, rather than moving film - and no-one will have to drive their bike through a hedge. There were a number of things I wanted to include as part of the 'project', (which I have to admit I've talked to a number of people about for a couple of years now)but some look as if I will have to 'pass' on, as they are proving elusive or very time consuming(which I dont have) to arrange. But anyone who thinks they can make it in full British trim is more than welcome to turn up. Make of bike is irrelevant as long as it is period, military and painted as British. Sorry no US dressed riders will be included in the shots; but if they want to tag along with a mate who is in just for a ride out then by all means come along. Favourite times for me are the days and or evenings June 10th to the 20th and July 8th to the 21st. I cant be available for any time other than that for the next 2 months. E-mail me or post on here your 'favourite' date/s. I accept it is short notice and that riders will have other rally/family etc commitments. It is likely that it may take more than one session to stage all the shots but it does not matter to me if the same riders cannot do all the sessions, I appreciate any time input that anyone is willing to put in. I will do the photography to suit the maximum number of riders, sorry if this leaves some offers out; I am sure you will understand. One of the locations to be used (Tankersley bell pits) is now a golf course, and although they have agreed in principle to allowing the bikes on, it may be that if they have an important match on the day that we pick for doing the pictures then we will have to reschedule that particular one for another time - but it will be well worth the effort. I wont run a session with less than 4 riders. It will help enormously for some shots if riders can make a quite early morning. >(Traffic hazard). If time allows then after the shooting a very brief tour of WW2 local sites will be given.

There is nothing in it by way of recompense for anyone, other than the buzz of having joined in. The original intention was that the final 'article' would have been a 'then and now' item in a certain publication but, for good reasons, I am dischuffed with the same and that will not go ahead now. But I will try and find an alternative so that everyone involved can see the result. I have permission from the YFA to use stills from the original.

Thanks in anticipation of any offers. Cheers
Dunc

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1