Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another M20

Another M20 for sale . JT

Re: Another M20

Wonder what exact model those forks are from , they are early to mid 30's BSA

I love this stuff..Roll up, Roll up...'Your Golden Opportunity to buy a loosely assembled, half assed rebuild that just needs wiring and a couple of other simple jobs to get it running...25 minutes maximum I estimate and very little, if any, cash....and hey! although it's got completely the wrong forks and front wheel that doesn't matter...you can make a 'bobber' out of it.. Although you might not think so looking at it, it's got a brilliant engine and gearbox which I've made a perfect job of rebuilding, ..honest..Trouble is I've been so busy lately I just couldn't be assed to finish the rest, or even paint everything properly..But what am I saying.. you'll know, that's what patina is all about!. The odd boxes of spares that come as part of this great opportunity mean you can have lots of fun trying to get everything to fit properly.. So remember, you are 'bidding to buy' this fantastic example of a timeless classic which, although I love it more than life itself I sadly, and with huge regret, am flogging to the highest bidder'....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
I love this stuff..Roll up, Roll up...'Your Golden Opportunity to buy a loosely assembled, half assed rebuild that just needs wiring and a couple of other simple jobs to get it running...25 minutes maximum I estimate and very little, if any, cash....and hey! although it's got completely the wrong forks and front wheel that doesn't matter...you can make a 'bobber' out of it.. Although you might not think so looking at it, it's got a brilliant engine and gearbox which I've made a perfect job of rebuilding, ..honest..Trouble is I've been so busy lately I just couldn't be assed to finish the rest, or even paint everything properly..But what am I saying.. you'll know, that's what patina is all about!. The odd boxes of spares that come as part of this great opportunity mean you can have lots of fun trying to get everything to fit properly.. So remember, you are 'bidding to buy' this fantastic example of a timeless classic which, although I love it more than life itself I sadly, and with huge regret, am flogging to the highest bidder'....Ian

So, we're agreed it 's a good 'un eh?

. . . but how do you really feel about it, Ian?

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

The bikes OK..anything can be rebuilt, and I've frequently started with something much worse than this one....It's the ridiculous mismatch between the cliche ridden inaccurate description and the actual reality which always manages to get me going.. .
The bike probably needs to be completely rebuilt from scratch as there is nothing to indicate that what has been done has been done well..it's just another failed project that has no doubt 'failed' for any combination of the usual reasons... The idea of rebuilding a bike often appeals to people but they frequently completely misunderstand the committment in time, skills, money, effort and buggeration that are needed to see it through to the end...It's a fact not everyone can cope with it and it's the reason there are so many unfinished projects..Generally though, they all eventually end up with someone who can complete the job..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1