Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New V5C document

I got my new 'red' V5C today for my M20. Mine was registered in 1968 when it was 'demobbed' and still carries the 'F' plate for that year.
So, this is the 'date of first registration' entered in the book. Unfortunately it doesn't have the 'declared date of manufacture 1942' note on the front so I guess I will have to get a dating certificate and approach DVLA about making a change..or do I? Has anyone had to make this alteration to a V5C and if so what procedure did you follow?..any comments welcome..
The bike was in Army service for 26 years in total...Interestingly, I have now owned it for 27 years, and with well over 100,00 miles up since I bought it I have probably used it more than them as well!....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: New V5C document

You'll have to get the date of manufacture authenticated and noted on the docs if you don't want to pay for an MOT each year (and if the 'erberts with unsafe machines are profiting from the exemption, why shouldn't you ?)

A friend of mine has just had a date of manufacture noted (his 16H had been registered in the 1980s so was eligible for paying road tax). Not only that, it had been registered on a spurious frame number stamped on the headstock, even though the correct 'W' number was on the front lug where it should be. That aspect had to be inspected but they corrected the paperwork without a problem.

I have the impression that provided one does one's homework first, these things are quite straightforward.

My Belgian registration has a 'date first used' of 15/9/1939 which was actually the contract date but I'm not going to argue the toss on that one.

Hi Rik...I guess I'll get a dating certificate then, before bothering to contact the DVLA...How is the 16H?..have you got it running again?..Ian

Ian Wright
Hi Rik...I guess I'll get a dating certificate then, before bothering to contact the DVLA...How is the 16H?..have you got it running again?..Ian

Yes, but for how long....?

'Stop hitting me with those negative waves'... ...Ian

Ian, I've got the same (1968) problem and have sent a Roy Bacon dating certificate off to the DVLA.

Roy Bacon appears to be off the grid at the moment, perhaps permanently. But I think the VMCC can suggest other approved dating experts. Or maybe you know someone else.

I'll let you know how it goes with the DVLA.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine,.com

Thanks Danny...My 'oppo' Ron who I jumble with is the VMCC dating officer for this area, so a dating certificate won't be a problem...I'd be interested to know how you get on...It was years back I met Roy Bacon and he was no 'spring chicken' then so I guess he is pretty much in retirement now...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1