Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gearbox help

Can any one post or e mail me photos of the gear selector pawls and what positions they should be in all gears

I think the timing is out on mine if that is possible

I have 1st 2nd 3rd without too much of a problem, but 4th is being elusive to find & sometimes the gear lever locks up

I have all gears in the bike turning the back wheel, but seem to lose it with the outer case on

I have checked and can find no evidence of contact with mechanism & casing

All i can think of now is the selector mechanism being out of alignmement, that is if possible

Making the ferry to france on sunday beginning to look like a bigger challenge than thought of previously

Any help or pictures greatfully received

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Gearbox help

judging from past posts, this is not an uncommon experience. I would suggest that as all gear positions can be found, it is not "mis-timing" of the gear selector that is leading to the loss of 4th gear under normal operation, but the sum total of the end float of the three shafts; main, lay and gear selector, allowing a misalignment; the float is permitting the shafts to move under load when shifting gears rather than the shift selector properly positioning the gears themselves...

It also seems that the paper gaskets between the three gearcase sections are critical, acting as shims for achieving proper spacing of the mechanism. Binding can occur without the gaskets, such as when attempting to use a sealer in lieu of...

JDE

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Hi John

The box has had a new sealed bearing & output shaft gear

It was dismantled but not disassembled remaining in large lumps

This evening, I managed to ride the bike with all 4 gears, I hope to ride tomorrow to test again before leaving for Normandy

Would like to have photos to use as a basis for future rebuild or to help me with my spare unit

From what I can determine, as a gearbox, it really is primitive if compared to a Triumph unit and affected easily by shimming tolerances

A good learning process though

Job

Sent you a few pics. Hope they are of help.

Regards
Pratap

email (option): prataphenry@gmail.com

Pratap, can you send me the same spics? Thanks. I have mine dissassembled.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Thank you pratap

Much appreciated

Jo'b

If you send them to me, I'll upload them here so we can all see them...if you like.

Cheers, Jacco

email (option): vansnippenberg@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1