Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clutch data?

Upon stripping my clutch it is obvious, by the wobble, there is some wear around the hub/rollers/ chainwheel area. Has anyone got any factory measurements for the hub 'roller' diameter and the chainwheel internal diameter? There are no obvious signs of wear or scoring or anything bad on any of the parts so I am reluctant to start buying bits(assuming I can find some) before trying to get some idea of which part(s) is the culprit. Thanks.
Dunc

Re: Clutch data?

Hi Duncan...Clutch sleeve roller track..1.5273"-1.5278".
Clutch basket roller track inside diameter..2.0283"-2.0288"..
Clutch roller diameter...250"...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, appreciated.

Could it be that the play you are seeing is actually occuring in the fit between the 4th gear sleeve bushing and the mainshaft, and not actually within the clutch hub assembly...?

Just a thought..

Cheers,

JDE

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Hi John
Thanks for the input. I had thought of that, or a bit of play in that coupled with a similar bit of wear in the clutch, giving an accumulated amount of play. But no, it is all clutch stuff! But it is worth pointing that possibility out for the benefit of anyone else who might have a similar problem. Cheers.
Dunc

On that subject mainshaft to bush clearance in the sleeve gear should be .0015"-.0035"...You would feel that amount of clearance, particularly towards the .0035" end...but would still be within the acceptable limits..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1