Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Slightly off-topic: WW1 Douglas 2 3/4 hp front brake stirrup

Hi all,

Recently I spotted a site that was offering front brake assemblies for the early WW1 Douglas 2 3/4 hp machines, but can't for the life of me find it again.
I'm pretty sure that I stumbled across it through this forum somewhere, not a Douglas specific site.
I would be mighty grateful if I could get a nudge in the right direction.....
On a completely different tack, I notice that during the warmer northern hemisphere months, this forum tends to become a whole lot quieter! Is this just a perception? Or is everyone busy prepping for Normandy.......
As a southern hemispherite, I am somewhat envious of the annual sortie to France!

email (option): brucekirby@telkomsa.net

Re: Slightly off-topic: WW1 Douglas 2 3/4 hp front brake stirrup

Bruce I would start here. http://www.douglasmcc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=29

The trouble is, after three days of continuous sunshine, us Northerners go into melt down and seek a shaded corner to moan in! Or are too afraid to come out of our sheds for fear of being blinded by the light. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Bruce, if you do find the link, please do put it on this forum as I could also do with some front brake bits for a Douglas 2 3/4

Ron - as a long-time resident of Rhodesia, you need to make the most of the sun. A pair of dark blue or black rugby/pt shorts, a khaki short-sleeved shirt and a pair of vellies on yer feet and the jobs done! Place an ice-cold Castle in your paw and enjoy the gamma rays!

Many thanks to Jacques for the Dougie link:

http://www.bertpol-vintagemotorcycles.com/parts%20Douglas.htm

email (option): brucekirby@telkomsa.net

Bert Pol, I should have known it would be him, great chap. He made me a belt drive rim for my Douglas about 5 years ago and a cracking bit of work it was too.

I loved Rhodesia Bruce. But I shudder now when I think back to those hot hot days and laying under a car in sleeveless overalls, gas welding a chassis or exhaust system. No such thing as H&S there Ron

PS. just remembered cooking top side in a hub cap and Zambezi beer in the workshop yard.

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1