Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carrier i.d.?

Ok then chaps, following on from Rick's suggestion in another thread, if this isn't from a BSA, what is it off? Any ideas?

Image hosted by Webshots.com

The PDF spares list I have from Draganfly shows what seems to be an old Factory drawing of a rack, but that does not have the arched passenger seat rail either. Any comments on that product from anyone who has bought/seen one?

cheers

Dunc

Re: Carrier i.d.?

It looks like one those nasty Indian things that I bought that was bloody useless, cost a packet and could not get my money back from them, as it would have cost more than it was worth to send back. TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Indian? Hmm, interesting thought but I dont think that is the case here (for once!) The old paint that was on it suggests otherwise, unless a good disguise job had been done! But thanks for the input.

The WB30 had a similar carrier to an M20 but without the arched tube. I had to modify an M20 carrier for this project. I doubt many of these B30 carriers exist though. I wonder if you clean some paint off, you'll see where the tube has been removed to accommodate a different type of pillion. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

hi btb,make sure you let the forum know if you list it or try it in the parts for sale section first
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

btb, only a very few WB30's were ever built 150 from memory, and they were all over with by 1942. My guess is you have an M20 carrier that has been cut. But if it fits your bike ok? It wouldn't take much to restore it.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Highly unlikely it is a WB30 carrier...There are only 3 surviving examples of the late model WB30. Only one batch of 100 late type WB30s was completed during the war and there was one partially completed batch of 100 which was cancelled...I modified an M20 carrier when I restored my B30 and it wasn't a staight fit, requiring some 'cutting and shutting'. Not surprising really as the two bikes have different frames. Note how the carrier in Rons photo is running 'uphill' slightly towards the rear of the bike.
It is far more likely it is a modified M20 carrier or an incorrectly made replica. The Indians have made them without the supporting arch for the seat in the recent past...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

ian, this is nearly identical to mine....so..jan is sending me over the replacement front support tube, brackets and cross bar..
all for 23 yoyo's..

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1