Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Early pattern M20 sump guard..

I'd like to 'fine tune' the spec. of my early pattern sump guards before making another batch..which I am about to do.
Specifically, the form of the pressed in strengthening rib. To this end does anyone have an original I could borrow?..or alternatively can anyone provide accurate dimensions and a 'template' of the shape of this feature?..A 'free' sumpguard goes to anyone prepared to lend me an original as a pattern....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Early pattern M20 sump guard..

Ian Wright
I'd like to 'fine tune' the spec. of my early pattern sump guards before making another batch..which I am about to do.
Specifically, the form of the pressed in strengthening rib. To this end does anyone have an original I could borrow?..or alternatively can anyone provide accurate dimensions and a 'template' of the shape of this feature?..A 'free' sumpguard goes to anyone prepared to lend me an original as a pattern....Ian

Ian, I don't know which type this is??

Don't have it anymore, but have more pictures.

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Lex...Thanks for responding..The photo shows the later pattern M20 sumpguard so unfortunately it's the wrong type...Ian

Ian, I'm no authority on these things but I think this is in-between the one above and the one you want?

I've have added a photo of the end profile (sorry about the focus) and if this is the same as the earlier one (without the front clamp) then I can certainly take all the measurements you want.
I'm also happy to lend it to you but you might get an offer from closer to home?

The front of the channel tapers off toward the front and from the end to no trace of the groove is as shown with the ruler (7 3/4").

The groove has quite a gentle curve to the edges.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Thanks Ray...That's what I am after..the 'rib' on mine has a profile that is a little too sharp...
If no one comes up with a pattern for me to look at do you think you could send me a card template of the cross section of the profile?. Also, is the rib on the centre line of the guard or offset?.....Ian

Ian,

I have an original one that is not fitted to my bike (yet). I'll take some pictures and measure it.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Ian, did you get the email with the other photos?

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Hi Ray...Just found it..You sent it to my old e mail address (which still receives e mails but I don't look at so often). Thanks very much for taking the trouble to provide the info.
See below for my current mail address...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1