Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reading the key card correctly

Looking at the key card for C5551417, does C59 relate to it's dispersal date or the date that it was sent back to BAOR? Also, does C59 mean the 3rd 1/4 of 1959?

Any help with the finer details will be gratefully recieved as Id hate to think I've missed something, so no matter how trivial it seems, please feel free to say what you see.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Reading the key card correctly

Lee, looking at the original I think it reads 059 not C, shame there's not more info on this entry

The BAOR entry means usually it was sent to Monchen-Gladbach (17BVD, or Base Vehicle Depot) for disposal at the Ayrshire Barracks, now sadly most is demolished, had many a lunch there in the Officers mess with Colonel Penny

All material from all bases in Germany from vehicles to tableware was sold there by tender, or if you knew the Colonel, for the going rate.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090710160254AAI3Dws

Hope this helps a bit,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: Reading the key card correctly

Thanks Lex.
Most of the info you posted is new to me and gives me a new avenue or two to explore, so thanks very much. The great thing about WD bikes is the history that surrounds them so the more I can find, the better it is.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1