Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advice for John Tinley

John hasn't worked out the black art of posting pictures here and has sent me this. Please feel free to comment.

Hi Ron,

I wondered if you might post this on the forum for me? This bike belongs to me and was brought back from Egypt last year. It appears to be mostly a G3L but with G3WO forks. So what do I do with it? Should I fully restore it as a G3L , or as a G3WO, or as a mixture as it is at the moment, or even perhaps just do a mechanical job and leave it looking exactly as it is in the picture. I would welcome thoughts.

Cheers

John

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Advice for John Tinley

John/Ron,

Unless there's any wartime history with it, I would do the following,

Give the silencer to a BSA man, I'll trade you the girders for a set of teledraulics, and restore the rest.

My 2p,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: Advice for John Tinley

I'd restore it as well...I don't think there is anything in particular about its current condition that warrants preservation in that form.
I did have a customer who preserved an M21 as it came back from Pakistan...in fact he restored it to its 'Pakistani' spec.. complete with garish paint job, prayer beads wrapped round the handlebars, lashings of extra chrome and a Bollywood film actresses name painted on the mudguard tail...It certainly made for an interesting conversation piece!.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1