Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ethanol in petrol

reading a letter in the old bike mart paper he say there is no ethanol in super unleaded he also says it will put your running costs up

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: ethanol in petrol

Well I have been told by a man who works in the petrol industry that there is very little Ethanol in Super Unleaded at independent sites ie Shell, Esso, BP etc. But not so at the supermarket sites. Even Tesco sites that are affiliated to Shell will have more Ethanol because of the economy factor.

I have just made a 4 mile round trip to an Esso station to get enough Super to fill up two bikes. Even if it's not true, the additional cost and effort is worth the chance. Maybe it was psychological, but my run out last Sunday to Hurn Flying Club for Bacon and Eggs seemed to go so much sweeter?? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I'm quite sure that Belgian fuel is well above the 5% and probably 10% level - it smells so horrible.

I've just ordered ten bottles of Miller's VSPe lead replacement, in the hope that it might alleviate my valve guide problems and it can't hurt on corrosion resistance either.

I'll report back on whether there's a difference.

Interesting subject, just heard last week from a friend who rode the last veteran bike, London-Brighton run, with 4 friends, they all used Shell V-power, as a test, and they had more power, no ethanol is present in it, and they saved liters on the whole run!

I certainly don't work for Shell, and it's a good friend who told me, he rode himself, so no funny stories here.

Will give it a try when I fill up again.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): Welbike@welbike.net

I run my Harley on Shell V Power and it gives a real noticeable difference over normal unleaded, it accelerates faster and tends to spit back a lot less. I can really reccomend it!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1