Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trans gears

fixed gears lay shaft and main shaft,whats the best way to press them on?and how far off the end of the shaft should they be.......{troubled in detroit}

email (option): frankschenk09@gmail.com

Re: trans gears

Hi Frankl..A fly press or small hydraulic press is required to replace these gears. Note before fitting the 'captive' gears, that are held in place by the pressed on gears on each shaft, are not identical..The gear on the mainshaft is drilled at 3 points for lubrication, the layshaft gear isn't.
You don't need a measurement to position the fixed gears...just press them on until they wont go any further..(the end of the spline)..This will still allow the captive gears to rotate freely....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks ian i have been working on this off and on for two years now(three month project),your insite as well as many others on this web site has kept me going!!!!!thanks to all cheers....

If you need any gears, please let me know, I have a couple of gearboxes in bits for spares

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Good morning dave......i have many gears and cases,its the bushes i lack.anyone needs a case?(B-33 and m-20).if any one has a set of trans bushes i am willing to trade!!!!!!i have many extra parts,to many to list including tins,iam not in it for the money just want to see my m-20 come back to life!....all fare trades welcome....thanks for your ears...cheers!!!!!

PS i will send some pics if i can figure it out,i'am a dumas when it comes to computors.....my son just gave me a smart phone,makes me look stupid!!!oh well at least i am trying thats half the battle.thanks again ....frank.

hi frankl,have you a parts list?can you be more specific
which bushes you need,i will try and sort for you
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

hi frankl,i have had a look for you,these are all that are listed but you will prolly need something else.
two suppliers have these between them so i will list as is rus= russell motors dra= draganfly prices in gb£
mainshaft pinnion sleeve bush
15-4120 rus 9.5 dra use2x 66-3155 6.10 ea
third gear bush
66-3214 rus n/a dra 4.03
layshaft second gear bush
66-3214 rus n/a dra4.03
layshaft first gear bush
66-3211 rus n/a dra n/a
main shell layshaft bush
24-4223 rus 16.0 dra 12.75
inner cover layshaft bush
24-4241 rus 16.00 dra 17.38 (66-3133)
main shell gear control bush
24-4245 rus 6.5 dra 4.43
inner cover gear control shaft bush
24-4245 rus 6.5 dra 4.43
inner cover gear control quadrant bush
24-4248 rus 6.5 dra n/a
outer cover kickstart quadrant bush
24-4258 rus 10.00 dra 7.92
outer cover ratchet sleeve bush
15-4227 rus 9.5 dra 8.06
inner cover pedal shaft operating bush
15-4226 rus 9.50 dra 5.90
so thats a list of what you need ,they are all there
bar one which is the layshaft first gear bush.
i dont have a box apart so cant check if one of the others can be reworked to suit.
where i have put n/a this means not available.
im sure a local machine shop could make up the odd one
for you,(must be a machine shop in a steel mill)
any questions fire away,hope this helps
cheers rick

HI RICK PARTS LIST W/PICS BY FRIDAY,SON IS GOING TO HELP.UNDER PARTS FOR SALE CAVAS GRIP, SHOULD BE ONE OR TWO PICS.I HAVE TO SORT WHAT I HAVE AND TAKE PICS SORRY FOR THE WAIT..../

hi rick.....still at it sorting an shooting pics,sorry iknow i said friday but....lost two guys at work same shift.one got caned the other was ran over by his wife(collar bone},doing 16's until tues,see you then......frank.

hi frankl,i think you may have the wrong end of the stick,i dont want anything from you,all we need is the numbers or to identify the parts you require,then we can get you sorted
in your own time,cheers rick

Nieuwe pagina 1