Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic....WTF?!!

IMHO somethings not right when people deliberately build bikes like this...When did it become 'cool' to put your name to a pile of s**t masquerading as some kind of epic project?... 261023911183 .I see the 'reserve not met' is operational..I wonder what he actually thinks this is worth?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Off topic....WTF?!!

We've all built bikes like that Ian, but we were aged ten at the the time and didn't expect it to do more than three laps of the field before we fell off and couldn't get it running again for another week. Quite apart from the fact that the local garage wouldn't sell us any petrol because we were too young (and only had 1/6d between us !)

He's only down the road in Cornwall though, why don't you take a run down there and ask him. He'll probably swap the lot for a couple of pictures of a Grey-faced Dartmoor ewe and a promise of a night out.

That rear brake rod reminded me of something but couldn't quite think what. ..... It's just come to me, it's the A82 from Loch Lomond to Fort William

I've missed the boat it seems, Apparently I should be digging in the trash, under the workbench and in the Junk box for my bike parts for my next restoration.
What a pile of rubbish. A dented tank? I've got a dozen of them, sold them on e-Bay as dented but should have described then as "beaten the tank to a very sculptrual shape", and who knew that clapped out old magnetos could be rebuilt to a higher standard than a factory original - "a re wound magneto, which ensures she fires first or second kick, the guy who re wound it has upped its output, so it fires with the same ferocity as a competition magneto. so should you want to mod the engine, the mag would definately keep up!"
Seriously? Obviously the fools who have bid it up to 1100 pounds know something we don't.
I'll pass, thanks.

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Thank god..It's not just me then...I was worried that I am so old I can't see the workmanship and artistic expression in the 'Bad Ass Bar Hopper' concept (as it is described) ..Saying that, 'Back Street Herpes' magazine 'loved it'...so it probably them that's driving this 'artistic' movement.. ...Ian

The sellers name says it all: Kapitanweiner! Perhaps Kapitan Dick Head would be better.

At the moment, there are 4 bids on her. I feel sad for the bike, but hopefully she will go to a non abusive new owner.

Rememeber, she is a part of history and once was glorious doing her role to save the free world.

However you look at it, I'm glad her owner is setting her free.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Lets just be thankfull he appears not to have butchered the frame with lowering & headstock alterations, he obviously was quite busy stopping at junctions to reset the timing, can you imagine though what level of intellect was applied to assembly of the engine, tyres & tubes, brakes & wheel axles ETC I wonder if he would be interested in making me a set of M20 girder forks

The owner claims it is MOT'd but where did he get it done? I would like to know because obviously they just print them out on request at that station.
No silencer.
No chain covers on either primary or secondary chain.
Good for those who are into flagelation with rusty motorcycle chains I suppose!
Perhaps it is all a joke or a dream and we may wake up soon!
Regards
Clive

now that is a serious heap of scrap...and , i have NEVER seen this on the roads...and i am from Helston...

as for a daylight MOT...not a chance.

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Different strokes, etc ...

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

'The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits'...Einstien...

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."

- Winston Spencer Churchill

"Not all quotations on the internet are actually correct"---Abraham Lincoln.

paint everything matt black and he could double the price as a rat bike or should that be a ratty bike

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

The Churchill quote is reliable.

Danny, Abraham Lincoln ...... Internet ....

I don't get you, Fred. I'm aware of the Abraham Lincoln/internet thing. Very amusing. Etc. I was just reiterating that the Churchill quote is reliable. That's all.

The implication in the Abraham Lincoln post (intentional or otherwise) was that that the Churchill quote might not be accurate. But it's no big deal either way. Just a piece of whimsy.

Yes, quite good I thought, I don't think for a second the Winston quotes authenticity was being intentionally questioned tho...

On the subject of quotes I rather like this Woody Allen one.
" It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more".

Seeing as we've moved from 'creations' to 'quotations' I like, 'Never trust a man in a suit'...and..'Always break at least one rule a day'...Ian

In the description on that Enfield auction I noticed something else which is often said as an excuse for inability "I havnt had time" but I have had time to thrash it round the lanes.
I bet the real reason why he hasn't simply lapped the mag taper is a stripped armature thread stopping it being tightened.

I dread to think what whoever buys that bike (if anyone does) will get...Personally I don't really 'get' the Rat Bike style...but I assumed it was just that..a style, not a method of construction.
Even a 'Rat Bike' should function properly surely?
Whatever the supposed virtues of the style, which at the end of the day is a personal thing, I see no virtue at all in a mechanical wreck... and never will....Ian

It's up for sale again !

"My wife says I don't have time to tinker with it" is probably a euphemism for "I can't start the c*nt and all my mates have been round to take the piss !"

And delivery "anywhere" in the UK for £150 .... Hurry while that offer lasts until the next sentence where "anywhere" attracts an unspecified exclusion zone :-D

I wonder if he'd consider selling me just the rear stand!

email (option): brucekirby@telkomsa.net

I'm so inspired, I'm thinking of taking a big hammer and hacksaw to my CO. And to think I moved from Redhill aged 10.....I could have been part of that scene. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1