Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
change of oil and servicing

hi all i changed my oil in the matchless and when i started it up it smoked with the new oil in it but didn't smoke before any answers?
cheers michael

email (option): michael.rutland@hotmail.co.uk

Re: change of oil and servicing

You should have put the oil in the tank under your seat instead of in the exhaust pipe.........

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

Could you have overfilled it ?

Michael: Not enough information in your post. Does it smoke on a continuous basis or only after you start up and then the problem goes away some time after it's running for a while? Also, are you using the specified SINGLE viscosity oil or a modern multi-visc, which is "thinner" when cold?

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

thanks for the comments took it for a ride last night and came back and it is all fine now.
cheers michael

email (option): michael.rutland@hotmail.co.uk

Does a faulty oil ring on the piston have anything to do with the smoke? I am also facing this problem now and just don't know what the problem might be and what is the right quantity of oil for the oil tank?

Regards

email (option): prataphenry@gmail.com

There are so many potential causes for an engine smoking some detail of symptoms,work carried out and history of the engine etc. is needed..
For example..Worn piston/bore, worn/broken piston rings, worn valve guides, oil 'pick up' problems in the crankcase, wet sumping, drainage problems in the valve pockets (some OHV motors) and excessive oil supply to the valve gear on some types...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I believe the o/m specifies that a "light blue haze" issuing from the exhaust when running is normal and even desirable....

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Nieuwe pagina 1