Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum pic

Doesn't gel. The sidecar is on the left side, indicating intention to use the outfit in left-handed traffic. But the yellow van is a right-hooker, indicating the opposite. The blue car and the yellow car seem to be in left hand traffic, but the white van seems the opposite. What disfunctional place is this?

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

Re: Forum pic

John Harris
Doesn't gel. The sidecar is on the left side, indicating intention to use the outfit in left-handed traffic. But the yellow van is a right-hooker, indicating the opposite. The blue car and the yellow car seem to be in left hand traffic, but the white van seems the opposite. What disfunctional place is this?

Hahaha, There's no place like Holland!! you can park on either side of the street, facing whatever way you want

And use left or right hand sidecars, and you can drive on the left, but only on one way streets!

Welcome to Holland,

Lex

email (option): Welbike@welbike.net

Can you get arc eye from looking at a photo? Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hmmm. In my neck of the woods parking facing the wrong way would not only get you an instant parking ticket but probably also a summons for driving on the wrong side of the street (since you can't get to the other side to park facing the wrong way unless, necessarily, you drive the wrong way, at for least a few feet). Good thing I don't have an overwhelming desire to park on the wrong side, otherwise I'd have to consider moving to Holland.

Sorry, Rob, you're not looking at a photo but the representation of a photo on your computer monitor - unless you printed it out, in which case you have bigger problems than arc eye. ("This is not a pipe.")

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

John, what if you pull up on the correct side of the road well past the space (that's on the other side) then reverse over into it.
Thats a way of doing it surely. :-)
Rob, I certainly instinctively consider looking away when someone welds in a film or TV after years of doing it in real situations.

Nobody mentioned yet that ANWB is the Dutch equivalent of AA (not the liquor one )
They helped me out a few times, both with old cars and with my M20. Once, when the engine froze, the nice girl on the phone thought that a BSA M20 was a truck, and after a quarter of an hour a heavy emergency thing arrived; the driver had a good laugh, and organized a local chap with a bike trailer who arrived in ten minutes. No cost, all included in membership fee

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Different size..same weight... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

last year my mag gave up in the heavy rain, the recovery vehicle that came was a large flatbed lorry, looked odd a small bike on a 40 foot lorry! there must be something about m20s that people send lorries.

Does that mean when a lorry breaks down they send an M20 ... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

as an AA man we couldnt repair punctures (not qualified) so i saw quite a few honda 50cc mopeds and others small bikes strapped to a larger flat back lorry even an electric wheel chair with a flat battery the person was taken out of the chair first

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1