Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pinon removel

hello everyone im trying to remove my m20 crank at the moment but i cannot get my 3 jaw puler to fit the pinon is there a special tool for this job ? WHERE can i get one plese excuse my gramer etc kindest regards martin

Re: pinon removel

Martin, si tu demonte le Karter, et que tu place moitie sur des barres en fer pour le tenir celui qui est encore attacher, alors tu peux frapper sur l'axe pour le faire passer a travers le pinion. Faut que tu le fasse avec truc en cuir ou laiton. Avec le poid des flywheels, tu verra que ca passera. Essaye de proteger les fils de vis quand meme. Solution a faire si rien d'autre ne marche.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

This is all Greek to me

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Shows you how much I know Henk!

Perhaps I should make them?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

That would be a good tool to make Robb..a lot of pinions and crankcases get damaged because the tool isn't available anywhere...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Bonjour Henri,

Vous parlez Francais aussi. Vous etes un homme avec beaucoup de talents. Avec Flywheels vous voulez dire les volants ou le vilebrequin?

Cordialement,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Merci Leon, les termes techniques s'oublient avec les annees!

This is what Google translate makes of that..!

Martin, if you disassembled the Karter, and you half up on iron bars to hold one that is still attached, then you can hit on the axis to move it around the pinion. You have something to do with leather or brass. With the weight of the flywheels, you will see that ca. Trying to protect the son of screws anyway. Solution has to do if nothing else works.

I don't know if it's the same as a 16H. There's no room at all between the pinion and the case. I heated up the pinion until water sizzled off, not just boiled. Then using 2 small nail bars (like bent screw drivers) I levered it up about 1mm. Enough then to get a Commando half pinion extractor tool on it. I also put a washer under the extractor screw so as not to damage the tapered crank end, where the brass sprung oil feed seats.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Horror...I just took a look at the Norton crank pinion extractor on the Andover Norton site and it looks like it might do the M20..What diameter is the Norton crank pinion?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

thanks guys i made a tool out of an old 3 jaw puller a bit of welding and sawing and swearing n the little buger popt off thanks to all

The 16H pinion is just under 35mm diameter, the puller will go out a bit more than that. The problem is the thickness of the puller hooks to get behind the pinion, which is just under 3mm. So I must have moved the pinion out further than I thought with the small nail bars.

I don't know whether it would work for a BSA but this link has a cunning plan for older Nortons.
http://www.vintagenorton.com/2010/09/removing-pinion-from-crankshaft.html

That is so simple, yet absolutely brilliant

Robb, if you make one of these I'll have one

I will have one as well Rob. I had some of your other stuff off Ian at Stafford, and very nicely made it was.

Nieuwe pagina 1