Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Age Related Number

Last. Friday I went to my local DVLA office to apply for an age related number for my WD G3WO Matchless. Before going I had the bike inspected by the AJS & Matchless Club and had a letter confirming they had inspected it and confirming the contract details. I also took clear photos of the engine and frame number and asked the Club inspector to sign them and confirm they were as found on the bike. The DVLA office told me that because of this they would not need to inspect it and 6 days later my new tax disc and registration arrived in the post. Great service. John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Re: Age Related Number

Hi John..Good result..I imagine this will be the sort of system that is run when the local DVLA offices are all closed next year..except that you will send all the info to Swansea..and it will probably take longer..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

What a coincidence John, I was in my local DVLA office last Friday too, trying to get an age related plate for my 1937 AJS. I did exactly the same as you, took all the right paperwork, photos and so on, but I've still got to have the bike inspected. I suppose it's the luck of the draw and down to who you get on the desk on the day? Or perhaps I just look untrustworthy? I'm glad to hear that your number came back so quickly, I was resigned to it taking weeks.

I am preparing in the next few months to go through this process myself with my 1944 WM20 and another bike . I have understood so far that step one is to obtain a dating certificate for the machine from the relevant vehicle owners club , which I've done , and step two is to get the vehicle through an M.O.T. before approaching the local DVLA office for an inspection . Is this correct , John ? Regards Leif .

Hey John, same with my 16H. Went in with all the paper work, they said it may have to be inspected. Thought it would take weeks but the next morning the tax disc arrived, a few days later the V5. Excellent service.
Leif, if you are after an age related number the bike has to be MOT'ed and insured on the frame number.
If you can, get into your local DVLA office before they shut. They are alot more helpful than Swansea.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

I went to reading to get my 72 Triumph paperwork about 3 weeks back

It seems that certain cycle company dating letters are more readily accepted than others, meaning an inspection might be necessary in some instances

Agreed - all processed very quickly - very happy overall

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

i think there will be problems when swansea take over it will be better to go to swansea in person who inspects the bike is it one of the ministry mot station or does come round and inspect it are the doors of the DVLA swansea wide enough to get a bike through as they will want to look at in the flesh so to speak

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

I've registered a car that I couldn't get to my local DVLA and they came out to inspect it. A young girl who know nothing about the type of car etc, but just wanted to see a plate that had the chassis number on it. I've also had the same with my 16H, I took it in a van to my local DVLA and a young girl came into the car park and checked the frame number. It was snowing and I didn't even get it out the van. I don't think she was an expert on WD bikes
I think they are checking to make sure the vehicle does exist.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1