Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wb30

When I was at the London motorcycle museum on Sunday, I was looking at what I think was a wb30

Not too many of them about

A very nice restoration & on loan to the museum from the owner

It looked familiar somehow

If you haven't been there - give it a try - some great bikes there

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Wb30

Hi John..There are only 3 fully restored B30s I know of and I have photos of them all...was it a green one or a brown one in RN markings?...and did you get a picture?. Here's the one I restored from a basket case..Ron Pier did the other two for thier owner..IanPhotobucket

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

john did you still want this sprocket

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Here are the other two. Ron

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

LFO 487 is an 'early type' B30 and the only complete and more or less correct example to my knowledge.(though there is another currently under restoration). These were all prototype and pre production models and some were used for 'Troop trials' as part of this process. The other two are from the only completed production contract of 100 machines (1942), which went to the Navy and are the later type. These were substantially different in many details.
The one I restored is in 1st.Royal Marine Engineers markings..Ian

are they 350cc or 500cc and it looks very much like a b31/33 engine

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Hi Roger..They were all 350s developed from the 1940 model year B29 'Silver Sports' Model.
Some parts are quite different to the B31..including the cylinder head and crankcases to name just two.
However, the resemblance is no coincidence..the B29/B30 models were extensively modified late in the war to become BSAs first new model in the post war era..the (1946) B31. Wartime all alloy prototypes became the ZB32 Gold Star in 1949..In fact the only connection between pre and post war Goldies is the name...Ian

Hi Ian

LFO 487 is the bike at the museum

If it is a prototype, it fits well with Bills personal interest in these types of machines, he has numerous versions inc the prototype Triumph TRW

Next time there, I'll take shots and post

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1