The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
footrest advice please

Hi there
Maxell here (previous poster)
I have a de splined primary side footrest on my m20 framed bitsa (b33 clump, m20 tele rigid frame)
Also the footrest shaft is miss matched and threaded off at the ends.
Can the shaft be pulled through from one side without dismantling the primary? I cant remember!
Also, on a stud with a nut either end, any trick to get the 2 nuts to tighten evenly? (not with loads of thread sticking out one side and a tiny bit the other)
cheers nice one

Re: footrest advice please

Since it is on the primary side, you will have to take off the chaincase.

Kempton is coming up, so time to go shopping?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Yea cant do kempton unfortunately, theres an event I going to that clashes.
Yea btw the splines on the actual sleeve are still good, its just the footrest, and the shaft that are trounced.
cheers

On a stud that's annoyingly hard to get even thread each end, just put one nut in the correct position & temporarily screw a third nut up against it lightly locking them together with two spanners.
Fix the whole thing & remove the third nut.

Yea thats the one, sometimes the shaft/stud is exactly the length of the gap plus 2 nuts leaving no extra thread! which is annoying.

Where there's no free thread i've often found one nut is tighter on the threads & if put on first with stud held in a soft jawed vice wont move when the other is screwed on & tightened.
Other methods if your determined would be to loctite one nut in place.
If I make studs I always make one thread short, only just enough so that nut runs out of thread & stays in the exact correct position, some factory studs are made that way.

Nieuwe pagina 1