Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
reproduction (?) tyres

Can anyone offer advice on where to look or whom to approach in the hope of sourcing faithful reproduction WM20 military spec tyres ?

email (option): leifevans75@yahoo.co.uk

Re: reproduction (?) tyres

I tried Coker tires but they did not respond.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

My bike's got Mitas speedway 3.75 x 19" tyres front and back. I think the tread pattern look just like the bikes on old pictures.

Photobucket

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

hi dave,can you slide it round bends though?,you will be needing a skid plate for your boot
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

I fitted a avon sm rear and speedmaster front to my m20,not the block type,and surpised myself the other night staying ahead of the overheadvalvers by not loosing speed on the corners and managed to ground just about everything,what i am actualy posting is i took off the old rim a old michelin zig zag made in england motor cycle tyre 3.25-19 3053-5 markings both sides with at ane side a W^D stapped into the side wall.[the middle of the wd is actually a up arrow,did the militry have marked tyres?or am i missreading the mark.

hi arthur,yes they did mark the tyres,my original m20 had W^D it looked branded(with an iron)and the date 1945.that was in the early 70s,the tyres were that hard you could run on them flat.
i have a nos rear firestone here i have just photographed it .it has the W^D but no date,also some numbers in ink on the tread,i'll try and remember how to post them up
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Thanks for reply Rick and information ,apologies for delayed responce,my broadband had failed the other day.i love talking to india for a fix!

Hi Lee, yes the crank cases are back. All lugs welded and machined back to size. I've blasted them, washed them out and put in the new bearings. I've pulled the crank apart and bought a new crank pin and bearings. Hopefully tomorrow it will be pressed back together

Hi Rick, I'll let you know if I can ride it sideways, I'm hoping it sticks to the road

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1