Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
engine cog

4 lobe 21 teeth engine cog says gold star on it in felt tip look in good order £5 + pp first come first served thanks roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: engine cog

That must be the 4 lobe 21T Gold Star sprocket then..Not the 4 lobe 21T M21 sprocket.. ..A bit like the maroon Gold Star engine plates I saw at a Jumble... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi roger

I'll drop you a line, I have an m21 motor on the go at my side

Best regards

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

ian it must be a gold star one because thats what is written on it i mean nobody would use an expensive felt tip pen to write the wrong thing on it would they

I only need a 20 tooth one so might get this & grind a tooth off.

Can I point out that I don't think there are any cogs on a motorcycle (or perhaps there are some in a speedo)
Cogs are normally found in windmills Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

All motorcycles have one 'cog'... Center Of Gravity.. ..The two 'teeth' in the speedo drive are technically cogs as well..and you could argue the point with the tangs on the clutch plates..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

english oxford dictionary COG tooth of a wheel so only one stickey out bit is a cog then

Your not on your own Roger, I grew up thinking of a cog as the entire wheel & all the teeth, probably from when I was a child hearing the expression caught between the cogs & assuming it meant the the whole thing.
Children nowadays think "lock stock & Barrel" is something to do with guns, I blame the parents.
I do call sprockets, sprockets though

Nieuwe pagina 1