Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Pic...

I was really impressed with Jans replica of the M20 pillion seat, it is absolutely 'top notch' and an impressive piece of work...well worth the money if you are looking for one (and the originals are now very scarce)...You won't go far wrong with Robbs M20 tools either..very nicely produced and something every long term M20 owner should consider adding to the tool kit...especially the clutch spring compressor/sleeve extractor...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Forum Pic...

Couldnt agree more ian, both jan & robb have left their skills do the talking here

Wish i could produce stuf like this

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Ian and John,

Thanks for your kind words!
And thanks also for letting me put some of my parts on your tables!

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

OMG!!!!!!! Thanks for the great laff Henk!

Ian, I am so glad you like my efforts. I have to get hot on making more spring compressors after what you said.

I sure do appreciate Ian having my tools on his table. What a great guy! He sold a pile of them too. Thanks also to Ron Pier for his help.

Man, all you guys over there are making me want to get there for Normandy 2014. Hans has conditionally loaned me his M20!

If I make it, and have money left, I'm buying a pint fer ya all

Thanks also to Henk for his great parts shuffle help!
This is a good story of building a bike with the best guys in the world!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi Ian

Have you a BSA M20 Clutch spring compressor for sale, how much are they?

Also trying to source carrier handle 66-6947 (repro would do)

Any advice appreciate
John B
North Yorkshire

email (option): greenflyer1943@btinternet.com

Hi,

Who is selling the pannier bars thingy which are in the picture?

I need a pair or two…

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Noam. Speak to Jan.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The tools are made by Robb and the parts by Jan.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

hi i make the brackets but ian has them in stock speak to top man ian he will send you some cheers bob

email (option): m.wales10@ntlworld.com

Hi Ian.
Can you send me a pair of the pannier carrier stays please & let me know how much I owe you. Your solid copper head gasket were posted yesterday afternoon.

Regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Is it time to get a "for sale by members" page up?
Can you do it Henk?

For me being in the States, I would love to have someone over there selling my tools for me to save the individual shipping costs which are a bit steep.
Frost ART sells a few tools I make, but the markup would bust the prices for you guys.

I would be happy to keep stock over here for the US guys of thing you make.

I keep forgetting who makes what that I need.

Doesn't "motorbike mike" make some matchy stuff?
I have Ians battery which is top notch, an dwill need another obe sometime soon. Then there are the handlebars, Danny's T-shirt etc...

Hi Robb,

I was thinking of making a page that is accessible by the forum members them self but I am not sure how to do that yet.

Anybody any ideas?

Henk.

Thanks Ron !

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Henk
Hi Robb,

I was thinking of making a page that is accessible by the forum members them self but I am not sure how to do that yet.

Anybody any ideas?

Henk.

Yes, go to a "normal" forum style!! as I've been saying for years now!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): Welbike@welbike.net

This forum is wide open to anyone, which is good. My concern with a 'for sale' page that anyone can access is that there is nothing stopping unscrupulous characters from putting items up for sale. This forum is easy where Henk can censor when appropriate and no financial damage is done.

Would it be possible to have 'for sale' entries vetted by a trusted forum member before it gets published on the site? Or am I too paranoid? The balance is never easy.

cheers, Scott

I must say that I agree with Scott, this is an easy open forum and not complicated (for me at least) at all. Would it be an idea if I would make a new website page for selling forum members stuff?

Henk

OK, this is going to be diffficult.

1- We want to keep the workload to a minimum for Henk and ourselves.

2- If we do a "members", how do we become members to post?

3- After an item is sold, we would need to delete.

4- My stuff I'd want to reamin up there.

5- %% of sales to benefit Henk and defray website costs? How would we do that?

Cheers

Henk,

We have a wonderfully polite and informed group of enthusiasts here, far better than any other British bike forum. Our next step may be to move to a different web host where we would formally join with a password but have benefits like a sales page and easier photo hosting. The AJSMOC is the closest model.

With a sales page we should collect a percentage in the range of 1 to 5 percent to defray costs and compensate the moderator, presumably you.

How we get from here to there is out of my expertise. I will make some enquiries if you all agree.

Jeff

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Hi,

I can make a second forum as a parts for sale forum. This is quite easy to do. It will change the start page of this forum to one with two options, the regular forum and the parts for sale forum.

Would this do?

Henk.

That sounds great Henk. Let's give it a try and it can always be tweaked later.

cheers, Scott

Henk,

That sounds like a good solution!

Let me start a new thread with these comments as this one is old and hidden by the title, obscuring the importance of this discussion.

Jeff

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1