Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Burman CP exploded diagram

Does anyone have an exploded diagram for the CP gearbox as fitted to the G3WO. Clever clogs here has forgotten how it goes back together! I am fine other than the spacers and washers on the main gear that pushes through the casing and takes the drive cog. All help much appreciated. thanks andrew

Re: Burman CP exploded diagram

Andrew,

Here you go:

http://archives.jampot.dk/Technical/Transmission/Burman/Burman_CP_BA__Exploded_View.pdf

Reg

Hinrik

email (option): hsteinsson28@hotmail.com

thanks a lot Hinrik. They are really useful , although they dont quite show what I am after. When you place the main gear through the casing, there should be according to the manual, a collar, a spacing washer, the chaing gear, another spacing collar, a spacing washer and then a lock washer and then the nut. I have only taken off a large spacer, a small spacer and a washer and a nut. So not sure what should be where. Of course if I get this incorrect the main chain cog will not be lined up. Normally a parts book would show all of this detail but its only a parts list no diagrams. I will keep looking but thanks a lot for the help Hinrik

I was looking for exactly the same a while back, and I too couldn't find any specific information about the sleeve gear and the drawings are a little ambiguous to say the least, I can't remember how I did mine, but I have a box to do in the next week or so and I could let you know then, but unfortunately I can't do it any earlier as I'm pretty busy at the moment.
I just had a look for more info, there may be a better view on http://www.archives.jampot.dk/Technical/Transmission/Burman/The_Burman_Gearbox_Ca._1927-1937.pdf

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I don't remember any shims or spacers in CP's? Mind you it's about 5 years since i put one together!

from what I can glean I reckon that there are two spacers to hold the sprocket away from the gearbox casing, why two is anyone guess, unless different gears had different flange thickness. Then the sprocket fits on, then another washer , a lock washer and the nut!!!??? Anyway, thats what its going to be and if that doesnt line up it will not be the end of the world to whip off the sprocket once the box is all bolted back in. cheers

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1