Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is the world coming to.

I was amazes to see that a fairly rough basket case 16h Norton has reached such a high bid. Admittedly there are two engines but it is not so long ago when you could by a complete restored bike for this amount. It is at item no. 221008068995 . Cheers John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Re: What is the world coming to.

Oh, that's just fucking ridiculous, pardon my French.

With nine days to go as well. I wonder why it's a private listing ?

Those engines are a bit dubious and the whole thing looks like it's been dug out of a Cairo rubbish tip...

What's the highest price that we've seen a WD16H go for ? I couldn't imagine any, even in the hands of a dealer, fetching more than £6000...and this ones going to need more than £3000 spending on it.

Nice whitewall tyres.

The left hand bottom fork link looks a little bent which is worrying.

I suppose I should up the 3.5k insurance value on my M20 Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Could it be someone wants the gearbox and has made a calculation on what they could sell the remainder for as seperate pieces on e bay?...or could the top bidder actually be a dumbass?...Who knows?.
If it is properly restored as a WD16H after purchase it may well end up as the most expensive WD16H on the planet...a dubious accolade...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
Could it be someone wants the gearbox and has made a calculation on what they could sell the remainder for as seperate pieces on e bay?...or could the top bidder actually be a dumbass?...Who knows?.
If it is properly restored as a WD16H after purchase it may well end up as the most expensive WD16H on the planet...a dubious accolade...Ian

Doll's Head boxes are around the £500 at the moment. I can see £1800 maximum there.

The buyer will still have a way to go before he surpasses my build total...and I've got a 'two sets of valves and guides' head start on running costs....

I guess that only leaves the second option then.. ...Ian

A third option, his mates are pushing the price up in order to attract the idiot buyer..... Nice investment guv! just look at the rising prices.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Buy buy buy it now,they aint going to make any more of them !

Looks ex-Greek Army to me, there were hundreds of those in the 80's in Holland, 900 Guilders!! and running aswell! Wish I had the money back then.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): Welbike@welbike.net

It won't be long before complete bikes are being made? in India, I'd rather fight a war on a real one the ride an Indian one during the peace......

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Bombay doors worked OK during the war though.

bombay potatoes also ok

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

do things drop out the same with bombay potatoes as bombay doors

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Well it sold last time for £3,300...though it didn't actually move anywhere..It's still the same seller...
No pictures of the engines for some reason.
Ok if you like the challenge of a restoration from a complete basket case..but not at fancy money...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1