Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ethomix?

Frost.co.uk are advertising Ethomix as a petrol additive that guards against all-things ethanol related. Has anyone tried this product or have knowledge about it?

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Ethomix?

Hmmmm... At one part per thousand i can't see ANY PRODUCT doing anything constructive.
They say in the FAQ on thier website ...
" We think we have a pretty good product, but regrettably it will not cure all the ethanol issues"
That's basically saying don't waste your £12 as far as i can tell.

I hope it is ok to cut and paste from the FBHVC website. They report testing some additives as follows.

"The FBHVC is pleased to announce the results of its fuel stability additive test programme. This research was designed to test the anti-corrosive properties of proprietary additives claiming to provide a high level of protection against potential corrosion of fuel systems, including tanks, pipework and fuel metering equipment on historic vehicles caused by the addition of ethanol into petrol.

VSPe Power Plus, VSPe and EPS from Millers Oils; Ethomix from Frost A R T Ltd; Ethanolmate from Flexolite all received an ‘A’ rating in the research which enables all these products carry an endorsement from the FBHVC. The endorsement is in the form of the FBHVC logo and the words: ‘endorsed by the FBHVC as a fuel additive for protection against corrosion in metals’.

All additive manufacturers and suppliers were approached in 2011 to provide test samples for this research which was designed to simulate storage in a vehicle’s fuel tank for a 12 month period.

The FBHVC’s conference last October majored on the effects of ethanol in petrol with presentations from industry experts. It identified three issues to be considered: corrosion, compatibility and combustion. The Federation has been represented at a Fuel Stakeholders meetings with the DfT."

It makes no mention of what tests (if any) were carried out or what the results (if any) were.
We call those "chip shop window awards for excellence" which normally involve a subscription from the chip shop to the organisation concerned.

Nieuwe pagina 1