Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic part search....

Hi All, I'm looking for a pair of fork sliders (lowers) for BSA telescopic forks...The ones I am after are the type with separate clamps to hold the wheel, used for example on B31s/33s and A7s/A10s fitted with late, full width BSA iron hubs.
Something in nice condition and originally a pair..does anyone have any for sale?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Off topic part search....

I know a few NOS fork sliders but I am not sure for what model they are. I have send the owner an email.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Are these any good or are they a later set?

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks chaps..I'll have to mail the chap with the B44 forks but I suspect they may not be right...Let me know if you get something would you Henk?...Ian

I didn't get a reply from this guy yet.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

66/67 B44 had early narrow yoke B40 type forks but with internal 2 way damper rod added & retained the screw in type axle fixing
But 1968/69 B44 has that type with removable bottom clamps internal rods & wide yokes.

Aren't the B44 fork legs shorter then those on an A10 or B31 range.

Can't see why they would be shorter, longer is more desirable on a bike designed for off road ...
I have the early type on a 66 B44 & most of a rolling chassis of a B44 VS (68 model) the forks were snaffled by my mate who was restoring a A10 spitfire scrambler so i reckon were correct.

Thanks for the info chaps..Stafford is approaching so I guess these fork bottoms will be on my shopping list...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1