Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Building details

A few days ago there was a suggestion to publish in the Technical Section detail pictures of the different phases of building your bike; here is a tentative, showing the oil tank and the battery carrier. Is this of any use for the first time builders

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Re: Building details

Hello Hans
Yes it is thank you very much.
I am also looking to find out what the correct twist grip/ throttle is
Amongst a million other details. What is the correct saddle. I have one that fits
but don't know which brand it is in order to get the correct cover.
Do you know where I could obtain the triangular shaped battery carrier part # 66-4888
Fork spring stop 66-5151
Thanks Darren

email (option): Darrenacartwright@yahoo.com.au

Thanks Hans, this is just the point I'm at and have never assembled one before. Spot-on

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Hans:
Thanks!!!! If a repository of various closeup details could be established within this forum (like what you posted), it certainly would help people like myself who are not that privy to the ends and outs of a WD restoration. Every time I see some detail applicable to my BSA M20 in the forum and elsewhere, I save it on my computer to build my own repository of details to guide my restoration. This is the proper place so that the details can be discussed and verified by the many forum experts, as there are subtle differences from year to year and contract to contract. Thanks again for getting the "wheels turning" so to speak.
Doc

email (option): h2odoc@nmt.edu

Thanks Hans for starting this.

I have made some autocad drawings of the fasteners and many other parts in case you need them.

Cheers,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Does anyone have any pictures of the rear saddle fitted onto the rack? that's one that a few members have had problems with. I have had a few questions about how the rear mudguard stays are connected to the frame (which one goes on the frame first) And also how the stand connects to the frame, as in how far down it is meant to go and also how the clip is fitted. Other frequent questions seem to be how the front and rear wheel spindles are assembled (it's not too easy to work them out from a photocopied manual in small scale drawings) so maybe a photo of the above wouldn't go amiss for the photos page

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Yes Hans. Such pics are very helpful, thanks!

André

email (option): vplrn@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1