Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chain case sealing

What is the recommended product, that, when heated,I can pore it into the bottom of the chaincase, and when it cools, it solidifies, and seals it up.
Could I use something like bees wax, or maybe the grease from a roll of Denzo tape. I think its melting point is about 65 degrees.
Anyone had success doing this?
I thought I had done a thorough job, when I reconditioned and assembled my chaincase, complete with a nice 1/8th thick cork gasket, but over about 2 weeks, it will drip all the oil out onto the ground.
Thanks Keith

email (option): keithatkinson@hotmail.com

Re: Chain case sealing

I use some extra standard silicone bathroom sealer on top of the cork seal. It works a treat!

regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Leon; What's extra standard mean???
Keith

email (option): keithatkinson@hotmail.com

I always use a liberal ammount of clear silicone on the two halves of my Matchless case and then smear the inside of the rubber sealing band with it too. It seems a bit of a faff, but does the trick. The problem is the old bugger leaks oil from everywhere else instead!!

i have heard on this forum to use tallow which is an old fasion candle wax myself i siliconed 2 cork gasket together and then used a thin layer of sealent on both tin parts and tighten the screws as tight as you can get them starting at the bottom and working round doing the one oposite to each screw it works for me but i am dreading taking it off

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Well not to offend anyone in here, but we have an old saying in Norway about English vehicles and bikes, and that is that "if it does not leak oil, there is no oil left inside" Meaning they will always leak, thats just how it is.. :)

Rolf

true rolf if you brought a new british bike and it didnt leak you would take it back and complain the same with land rovers if they didnt leak water into the cab you would think something was wrong

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

I use "Yamabond" from the yamaha shop. Great stuff.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1