Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
They're in a safe place - somewhere...

I'm posting this for no other reason than to vent a bit of frustration.

I bought a solid copper head gasket and a set of repro canvas grips which seem to have vanished from the face of the earth. All I can remember is putting them somewhere other than the usual cardboard boxes in the garage but my ageing brain is refusing to remember where!

If anyone has a crystal ball to see where I've hidden them, I'm all ears

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: They're in a safe place - somewhere...

Look to see if you have fitted them already Lee

email (option): ianhince@tiscali.co.uk

Ian Hince
Look to see if you have fitted them already Lee

It's even worse than that, I've fitted the comp head gasket for the time being that came in the set

Make some out of cardboard & see if your tempted to put them in the same place :-)

Shed fairies. That's what you have. I've got them, as have several of my mates. They sneak around at the dead of night and move or remove tools and spares. So far the have hidden my genuine MT110 lamp, an M20 carrier and my van keys. The neatly stored tools are all thrown over my work bench, just to give me a job, mainly at the weekend. They are bloody had to get rid of, as they prey on your forgetfulness. The only way to combat them is to make notes of where you put things!
Or it could be your age!
Cheers, Mick, assuming I posted this!

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Hi Lee..They're probably in Holland with the rest of the M20 spares.. ...or maybe there is a portal into a parallel universe at the back of your shed....There maybe somebody in that universe who has a head gasket and a set of grips and is wondering where the rest of the bike went.. ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Check your refridgerator!

Forget "fairies" and "overnight", it happens to me all the time, literally from one minute to the next. The other day I was doing an oil change, drained the oil and, without having moved from the very spot where I was, I couldn't for the life of me find the 13mm wrench that I had used to take off the drain plug, so that I can put it back. The plug was right there but the wrench was gone. A piece of paper towel had apparently been blown over by a few inches, obstructing the view of the wrench. That's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I feel your frustration. (At least I am certain that it drained completely!)

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

The only way to find them again is to buy some more. As soon as you walk into your shed with the new ones in your hand, you'll remember where you put the first set!!

I regularly get 'confused'..in my workshop I have my own projects, my personal spares, new spares for rebuilds, used spares for rebuilds, general new spares, general used spares and engines and gearboxes 'in hand' for customers at various stages of rebuilding, plus all the tools and machinery.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I am SOOOO relieved that I'm not the only one...

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

On the good side: you sometimes run into some parts that you did not know you had them. At least I do.
And yesterday somebody located a box of Triumph (TWN) spares because he wanted the loan of one of my sidecars. When he had gotten it out of my cellar, presto there were the B200L parts, including the ignition and cover, which I did not know I had.
So without looking I located some long lost items.

And the only way to avoid the obvious: you always find the bit/part/tool in the last place you were looking, so after finding continue looking for it?

And in a bit, I'll be taking my Norton for a spin: the Dutch Army Engineers have a open museum weekend in Vught.

A couple of years ago there was a new gadget on the market: a key hanger that makes a noise is you whistle. The idea was that you could never loose your keys anymore: just whistle and listen where the sound comes from...

Now I was thinking... If you would attach such a key hanger to all your belongings... If you loose something, you just have to whistle... Or not...???

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with CRAFT disease (Can't Remember A Flipping Thing) and had I not tucked the laptop away in a semi-safe place, I would have replied sooner...
I've just completed part 1 of the 2 step programme to finding my missing bits. I've just shelled-out for another set of repro grips and I'm sure that as soon as I buy another solid copper gasket from the latest batch, I'll stumble over the ones that have been missing.
I would have tried Fred's inspired idea of making cardboard copies, but could I find those scissors...?

mick said make a note of where you have left bits now where did i leave that notebook the best thing for finding something is to look for something else oh i have been looking for that for ages

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

your wife is holding them for ransom do the washing up and they may reapier

Nieuwe pagina 1