Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Six Bells

Some time ago someone posted a picture of 2 G3WO Matchlesses outside the Six Bells PH. I would very much like to have a higher resolution copy of this photo to enable me to read the C numbers on the tank. If whom ever posted it could email me a better copy I would be very grateful. My panel tank G3WO is from contract C 4608 and I have been unable to find any photos from this contract. Cheers John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Re: The Six Bells

Her is a copy that I have, which you are free to copy.

Photobucket

Hope that helps.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

John Tinley
Some time ago someone posted a picture of 2 G3WO Matchlesses outside the Six Bells PH. I would very much like to have a higher resolution copy of this photo to enable me to read the C numbers on the tank. If whom ever posted it could email me a better copy I would be very grateful. My panel tank G3WO is from contract C 4608 and I have been unable to find any photos from this contract. Cheers John

Apparently Henk put this picture on his website, so he should have a better copy...

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1109020&cmd=show

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

I drive past this pub/spot every night on my way home from work.
Regards
Gary

I should have it but I can't find it. What I have isn't any better then what you see on the forum right now.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Gary
Regards
Gary

Gary. Where is this location? Being a Northamptonshire lad myself it seems I should know it.
Regards TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Henk, you probably found it on the same site as me. I regularly trawl the net for new photos of military bikes (period only) and have a huge and unmanageable collection.

TTJohn
Gary
Regards
Gary

Gary. Where is this location? Being a Northamptonshire lad myself it seems I should know it.
Regards TTJohn

Hi John
it is The Six Bells, Church St, Bicester, OX26 6AY, if you go to goggle earth, you get a reasonable comparison image of it recently, not too much has changed, I must take my G3L down some time for a then and now photo.
Regards
Gary

John, the original is from 'Life' Magazine. Presumably they are able to produce a higher res. image ?

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/1c17030a9461700e.html

http://www.timelifepictures.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=50618895&cdi=0

I have found a larger version with the bottom of the picture and LIFE logo still intact.

Photobucket

Hope that helps.....

Nieuwe pagina 1