Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Regulator clip?

Is there a clip that holds the top of the regulator on?
It did have an oversized cable tie wrapped around it but, after painting, I thought I'd go in search of the proper thing. There's a small hole at either end and a groove on the top of the cover which must mean that it had some sort of clip originally? If so, does anyone know where I can find such a thing?

ps. Someone at Lucas had a sense of humour, stamping the terminal markers as FADE

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Regulator clip?

Hi lee

I thought I read here before of someone using a welding rod of some kind then cutting/ bending to shape ??

From a mig I thought, but I know nothing about welding much to my regret

JO'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Lee,

This picture shows the clips on an LVC1 (right) and an LVC2 (left). Shouldn't be too hard to make. With an old spoke perhaps?

Photobucket

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

I was that Man that J O'B mentioned...I have made them from St.Steel tig welding rods. To avoid scratching the paint when you slide the clip into place put a thin strip of plastic or card on top of the regulator lid and let the clip 'ride' over it...The lid should also be green by the way....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks all, it's much appreciated.
I think I'll go with the tig welding rods, not only to save some money (that'll go towards my 2014 fund...) but am I right in thinking that the top on my regulator is a bit squat meaning that a clip would be too long?

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

There are short and long versions.

Nieuwe pagina 1