Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WD Project wanted

I am looking for a WD project to restore. I am completely new to British bikes but I do have a 1942 DKW NZ 350 on the road which required a complete restoration. So anybody know of one ??? Cheers Graeme

email (option): sallyzoegraeme3@ntlworld.com

Re: WD Project wanted

Can anyone tell me the differences between the wartime WD G3L and the immediate postwar model please.

email (option): sallyzoegraeme3@ntlworld.com

Re: WD Project wanted

Graeme
Can anyone tell me the differences between the wartime WD G3L and the immediate postwar model please.

Greame, difficult question! the only couple of differences are: 1946 G3L has a number plate holder like the 1940 G3WO, and it might have some chrome on it.

But there are far more wartime bikes then 1946/47/48 models, and in 1949 the whole bike was different, with hairpin valvesprings different frame/forks etc. etc.

I have been told, but not verified yet, that the postwar (frame)numbering for civvy bikes started all over from where they had stopped in 1939, as if wartime production never existed!

Hope this helps, but if in doubt, some pictures and numbers sent to my email address will do wonders.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): Welbike@welbike.net

Nieuwe pagina 1