Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Colour Wartime Motorcycling Film - Brilliant

"DEAR SERGEANT OR THE STORY OF ROUGH RIDING MOTORCYCLING COURSE" (1944) film no: 100

No doubt posted before, but check out the above from the Yorkshire Film Archive. 15 minutes of beautiful colour wartime footage showing Army motorcycles in use....mainly Matchless G3's but a few Ariel W/NGs and the odd WM20 too......
What a terrific little film.....

Re: Colour Wartime Motorcycling Film - Brilliant

I can't find it, and their website hasn't got a search facility, how about posting link?

email (option): jimstott51@virginmedia.com

Thanks Steve, I expect its very good but it won't play on my old computer Rob

Here is a link

http://www.yfaonline.com/film/dear-sergeant-or-story-rough-riding-motorcycling-course

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

That's superb !!

Hi All
There is another one among the same archive that maybe of some interest to some of you.
Its called hot work and was made by hepworth and grandage of piston ring and piston manufacture.
It shows many different motor sports of the late 40s and 50s eg scrambles trials stockcars etc and its in colour well worth a watch

Yes Steve, this film has been mentioned on this site before, but it's so fantastic, thare's no problem alerting folks again. It'd just be great if there were a few more like this availiable.

Oh Dear!! I know I'm getting old, but that's proved that I'm now an antique! I've marshalled at events with some of those riders in.........................

email (option): jimstott51@virginmedia.com

Nieuwe pagina 1