Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pat Ware, Military Motorcycles x1 going spare

Hi, I visited a book shop close by recently and bought this book, they had two left so I have a spare copy for someone, soft cover, first come first served I'm afraid, £15 plus postage, please email if you'd like it..cheers

email (option): Kit247@hotmail.com

Re: Pat Ware, Military Motorcycles x1 going spare

How good is that book Kit? When Pat used to be the editor of a Military Vehicle magazine. He incorrectly captioned some motorcycle pictures. When I corrected him, he apologised, stating "He knew nothing about motorcycles" Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Kit,

If it's still for sale I would like to buy it, if Ron doesn't want it.

regards,

ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

Not pretending to know many of the details, I think it's a good one to have on the shelf, some good interesting pictures, some I haven't seen befor. The quality of the photos is pretty good. Covering 250 odd pages in a large print format, if you are interested in military bikes and books, its worth a punt at £15.Covering vintage to recent. First 80 pages are about war production, which is quite interesting, then it goes on individual models...

Let me know chaps either way, I'm on hols from Monday so will try and get it posted whilst I'm away.

email (option): Kit247@hotmail.com

Seems he made 2 books, the newest "An Illustrated Directory of Military Motorcycles [Paperback)" coming out in June this year, no doubt a spinoff from his earlier book "The World Encyclopedia of Military Motorcycles" which Kit probably has.

Nice to look at the pictures, but don't believe anything about the text, captions etc. same as his military Hardly Ableson book, seems these people are only in it for the money, not for serious collectors. And these are no books for rivet counter such as myself.

Better stick with O&M's "British Forces Motorcycles"

My 2 cents,

Lex

email (option): Welbike@welbike.net

Ron Pier
How good is that book Kit?

I shouldn't bother getting a copy Ron, there are only the 2 pictures of your M20 in it. Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1