Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear stand from Dragonfly - NOS or replica?

Dragonfly lists a M20 rear stand as an avalible item.
Anyone know if it is NOS or a replica? And if it is a replica, is it a usable, fairly accurate part?

Thanks,
Bob

email (option): baatfam@sbcglobal.net

Re: Rear stand from Dragonfly - NOS or replica?

Hi Bob..Virtually no chance of them being original unless they are 'used'..There's a very good chance they are Indian replicas so I wouldn't like to bet a weeks wages on the fit etc.
However, Draganfly might be getting them made somewhere else, so I guess an e mail to them with a few questions is the way to go. Mick Holmes might comment if he sees this...he works at Draganfly....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thank you, Ian.
Email sent. I will post back here when I get a reply.

Bob

Hi, Bob and Ian,
Yes Drags had purchased a batch of shite Indian stands. I tried to fit one, without success. So we ground the crap out of them and re welded them to make them fit. Hours of work but at least they fitted. That batch has now all gone. We are now going to have them made from scratch, in dear old Blighty. They will cost less than the converted Indian crap as well.
BTW I've just had a batch of gear indicator plates pressed, as well as fork side damper parts made.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Thanks Mick.
So if I place an order for one now, will I get one of the new ones when they arrive? Or should I wait until they've been recieved and approved?

Bob

Hey Bob, place an order, but specify you want a proper one. They won't be ready for a while, but they will be checked for fit and you will be given the cost before supply.
Cheers, Mick.

Mick,

Put me on the list for the gear indicator disc!

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Mick Holmes
Hey Bob, place an order, but specify you want a proper one. They won't be ready for a while, but they will be checked for fit and you will be given the cost before supply.
Cheers, Mick.

Mick, when you say they won't be ready for a while, are we talking weeks or months?

Bob

I suspect it will be a couple of months as its in the planning stage at the moment.
Cheers, Mick.

Nieuwe pagina 1