Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rear lights (again)

Greetings Gents. First post on here although I've been a 'lurker' for quite a while. Recently acquired a WD M20 and I'm in the process of working on it. It came to me with a later rear light(dont they all! :-) )but I'm looking in to the alternatives for something a bit more period. I have the remains of a Lucas M110 that is missing the 'lens' part, does anyone know of a (commercial?) source for one of these? I realise they are pressed or swaged on but reckon I can manage this if I can find one. autojumbles have not turned one up yet although I have picked up a repro double filament bulb holder/ back piece.

Also has anyone seen a wartime period photo with a Butler unit fitted? I have a NOS one of these (pic link at the end)and if I thought they might have had been even 'field repair' fitted then I might have a go at making it fit. Any views info appreciated.

http://community.webshots.com/album/582600708jbPpfH

Dunc (BTB)

Re: rear lights (again)

Hi Duncan..Nice to see you have ceased 'lurking'and stuck your head above the parapet.
The Butler is a 4 wheeled vehicle lamp and it is unlikely they would have found their way onto a motorcycle. The MT 110 on the other hand is a period fitment (My 1942 BSA WB30 had one fitted as original equipment). There are two people who do the jumbles who may be able to provide you with a workable lense..both of them will be at the Stafford Classic Bike Show at the end of this month...are you going there?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks for that Ian. I'm not sure if I will make Stafford or not this year. Family stuff. Could you give me the details of the possible suppliers either on here or by email thanks?

email (option): cruiserchooser AT hotmail.co.uk

Hi Duncan..I only see these guys at the Jumbles and don't have their details. However, I have a stall at Stafford so if you mail me just before to remind me, I'll get the details..I leave for Stafford on the 27th....Ian

Do I also have to remind you to bring my stamps to Stafford? I do need them myself desperately.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I hadn't forgotten Henk...See you there on the Friday, we should roll in before mid day...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1