Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Primary case gaskets

My endless photo taking, keeping bits separated by envelopes and overall lack of knowledge has let me down - can anyone tell me what gaskets I'll need to refit the primary cases? I can remember the huge cork one that fits between both of them, but it's a bit hazy after that...

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: Primary case gaskets

Hi Lee..You need the gasket that goes behind the inner case at the front against the crankcase. Two corks to seal the footrest mounting tube. A gasket for the clutch cover (if you have a single spring clutch.) A felt seal to go behind the sliding plate in the inner cover and two fibre washers for the sliding plate retaining bolts. A fibre washer each for the drain plug and level plug. A fibre washer for the primary case inspection plug (though I replace this one with an O ring...and the outer cover cork gasket you noted....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Primary case gaskets

Ian Wright
Hi Lee..You need the gasket that goes behind the inner case at the front against the crankcase. Two corks to seal the footrest mounting tube. A gasket for the clutch cover (if you have a single spring clutch.) A felt seal to go behind the sliding plate in the inner cover and two fibre washers for the sliding plate retaining bolts. A fibre washer each for the drain plug and level plug. A fibre washer for the primary case inspection plug (though I replace this one with an O ring...and the outer cover cork gasket you noted....Ian

Blimey! Little wonder it fried my mind.
Thanks again Ian.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1