Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kickstart quadrant - Burman?

Chaps, I found these kickstart quadrant's in a box of throttles/twistgrips I bought at a local swapmeet.

They are very similar to the quadrant in my friends Matchless 350 but are much thinner (one is approx 9/32" thick and the other two are approx 1/4" thick) so I can't help but think they are from a lightweight variation on the Burman gearbox.
These are unused but may well be period after-market parts? The two that are the same are marked MR210 (one flipped over to show the rear view) and have traces of grey paint in the teeth valleys.

If they are of use to anyone I am happy to swap them for something that I can use on the M20's.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Re: Kickstart quadrant - Burman?

They sound the same as the one in the Burman Model H Lightweight gearbox on my 1937 AJS. Much thinner than the later ones. I'd gladly take them off your hands, but I've got no M20 parts to swap.

Bill, drop me an email.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Dear Lincoln bill........I have a 1937 model 22...AJS...and amlooking for a kickstart quadrant.....the old one is stripped.....would you consider selling one....thanks... Curtis Armstrong

email (option): armstrcu@hotmail.com

I have a box of obscure Burman bits if anyone needs anything from it

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Sorry Armstrcu, I didn't end up with the quadrents, as far as I know Ray still has them? You'd need to get in touch with him directly.

Dave, if you've got a layshaft for a late 1930s Burman Model H gearbox, I'd be very interested. It's the one with the speedometer worm drive on the end.

Hi,
Any chance you have a mainshaft for a H box?
regards
Ken

email (option): kli24532@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1